Monday, September 12, 2011

From Vietnam, With Love

I have just returned from a short break to meet up with my Mother in her homeland, Vietnam.  Needless to say, we will be doing this cuisine for a bit having been inspired by the sights, tastes and culture of the Pearl of the Far East.

I arrived in Ho Chih Min forty minutes past midnight and had slept very little until the time I left. It was a happy, tearful, yummy reunion filled with many sporadic bouts of incessant laughter mostly because of my imperfections as a human being.  I think it is not only healthy but also necessary to have a good laugh at oneself every now and then.  A person who cannot do this can't possibly have an all too happy life, no?  I will write more about this trip in my other blog (lepirouette.blogspot.com).

In the meantime, here's what's in the lunchbox: Bánh xèo (Vietnamese Crepes filled with Pork, Shrimps and Sprouts.  I made this in a Tamago pan though, to fit into the lunch box), Hấp Với Dừa Tươi (Chicken in Coconut Juice), Steamed Rice and a bottle of Nuoc Cham for the crepes.

See you tomorrow! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment